desi asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you use multi purpose seasonings in your food or do you prefer getting out every individual seasoning?

Usually I’m using herbs from my garden, so I pick them one by one.  There are a couple of seasoning “mixes” that I will use, like lemon pepper.

I use specific seasoning for each dish I cook, not multi purpose, but never get out every individual seasoning for any specific dish.

• I will never use that sawdust in a jar called multi-purpose seasoning. I use different herbs and spices based on what I'm cooking.

• denise

I do use a multi one 'Aromat' by Knorr, in a lot of my food / cooking, But I also use herbs & spices too, it depends what I'm making.

Most generally I will use a multi purpose when I am cooking. If I make something like roast chicken or chicken noodle soup, I will use poultry seasoning, or if I am making stir fry, I have a garlic/onion/sesame seed seasoning that I like for it. Sometimes I will use a single seasoning, depending on what the food is thoough.

I measure out individual herbs and spices so that I can better get the overall flavor that I want.

• Beth

I use individual seasonings 

• kswck2

I make many of my own 'All Purpose Seasonings' and most do not have Any salt in them. Salt is an 'Automatic' seasoning in that most people automatically add some to coking.

The only spice blend I really use is poultry seasoning when roasting a whole turkey or chicken.  I have all the individual seasonings that go into it, but I like the fine grind of poultry seasoning.

Curry powder?  No.

Italian seasoning?   Nope.

Crap like Mrs. Dash or Old Bay?    Never.

Oh wait, I take that back.  There is one more spice blend I do use on a fairly regular basis:  garam masala. 

Individual seasonings for me thanks.  I like variety.  I don't want all my dishes to end up tasting the same.