Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you buy store brand cheese or does it have to be name brand like sargento kraft etc?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Name brand cheese is often more expensive and there is extremely little difference between them and store-brand cheeses. I buy what is least expensive and which comes in the format I want. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I'm down with store brand or Sargento for most cheeses. I buy Stilton Royal Blue (it's worth what they charge) and Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (white). I've never bought Buffalo Mozzarella so I don't know if it's worth the upcharge or not.

• I buy from a local market who has a fantastic selection of product that hasn't been preserved to last forever.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Store brands mainly, but I get branded ones if they are on offer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I won't buy name brand anything. Store brand is always just as good, sometimes even better than any name brand food.

• 1 month ago

I usually buy store brand cheese because it's the exact same thing.

• 1 month ago

Cheese is made with milk. I live in dairy country and I've seen tens of thousands of dairy cows and I've yet to see either a Sargento or Kraft cow.

But I've eaten a LOT of cheese that is better than either of those.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Store brand is fine with me.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I buy chees depending on my needs. If just a basic Cheddar for a mac cheese-then it is whatever is on sale. If for a cheeseboard? Something a bit better.

• 1 month ago

I buy what is on sale or if I am looking for a particular cheese for a recipe I will buy the kind of cheese I need and it probably would not be a name like Kraft or Sargento in this case it would probably be an import (Greek Feta made with Sheep's milk for my Spanakopita for example) Very difficult to find American made Feta from Sheep's milk. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.