Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

For a while know I've been having "blackouts" where my head hurts and I can't see for 10-15 seconds and then everything is fine. What is it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It makes a big difference if your vision loss during the episodes is complete or nearly complete blackness, or if it is more of an interruption in vision that looks like colored spots or flashing lights.  The former is likely to be a neurological event in the visual cortex of the brain and is an emergency, while the latter is still urgent if its never been diagnosed, but not an emergency.  Spots or flashing lights are more likely to be vascular events which are usually not serious.   If you are having blackness, call an ophthalmologist today, explain the symptoms and ask for advice.   Explain the symptoms in as much detail as possible.  The doc may direct you to an ER for an evaluation even though the symptoms may not present; or they may arrange an appointment to evaluate your problems.

• ...Show all comments
    • Clover1 month agoReport

(But it has been happening for more than a year and in the beginning, it was less frequent, it probably happened 2-3 times a month but it looks like its progressing and it's getting worse).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to goto to the ER or a neurologist and have a CT of your brain

• Damien
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

sounds like a brain tumour, or it could be something minor like some important chemical lacking in your blood, get a blood test, if everythings fine, then the doctor will do a scan or mri on your head area.

• 1 month ago

There is no way that we can provide a diagnosis.

This sounds serious enough that you NEED to see a doctor - soon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Those are migraines. See a neurologist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.