Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Name a band that you used to love that you now hate. What changed your opinion of that band?

Metallica.  I'll still listen to their music, but I won't buy any of their merch or see them live.

They're the band that spent nearly two decades hating on all the other bands, calling them posers and corporate sell-outs.  Then they released a couple of grunge albums and cut their hair off, because that's what was selling at the time.  Then they sued fans who were downloading songs without paying for the whole album.

I'll forgive a lot of bands for a lot of crap.  I forgave the Ozzmosis album, I forgave Motley for breaking up, I even forgave Axl for kicking everyone except himself out of GN'R.  But Metallica can suck it.

Marianas Trench because I met them and they were rude, douchebags. And Hedley because the lead singer is a pervert. 

Steve Miller Band. I realized their lyrics are not very hard to write.

• Phil M

Guns n Roses. We needed a band like them at the time they came out. But Axle rubbed me the wrong way with his b*#ch attitude.

• I used to be big fan of Metallica but post the Black Album I find just find them boring and pointless and think they should have quit years ago.

Swingin' Utters.  They used to be an epic band, but most of the original members/members that made the band awesome aren't in the band anymore, and their new stuff sucks nuts now.  Their first four or five albums were great, but they haven't made anything good since.

The Rolling Stones. All the songs my parents like by them are their worst songs so those were the only ones I ended up hearing, but when I looked into them for myself, I found some really good songs.

• Billy1 month agoReport

Okay I kind of answered the question backwards oops.

Heart. But they moved to Seattle. [mumbles 'traitors'...]

I didn't love the Bee Gees in the 60s or early 1970s. I liked some of those songs, but when they dominated the music scene in the late 70s with songs I did not like, such as Jive Talking, Night Fever, Staying Alive and More than a Woman, featuring Barry Gibb singing falsetto, I really started hating them. I had to put up with those songs when they keep coming across on radio.

Hmm. I loved Guns 'N Roses in high school in the late 80's, but when I went to college in the early 90's, grunge came on scene and hair bands like Guns 'N Roses became very uncool. But I don't know I hated them so much as I was embarrassed I liked them. I mean, I think I might've just've been acting like I hated them. Then in about 2000, it became cool to like Guns 'N Roses again, so.

I honestly can't think of any band that I used to love but now I hate.