LGBT: Do you believe in God?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Lauren
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No - I've identified as "agnostic atheist" since I was in my early twenties or before (language or categorization wasn't super solidified for me in my teens but I got interested in the subject in my twenties). 

I don't see belief in a god and being LGBTQ as being incompatible. Some people point to religious texts as reasons to say they are, but there are a lot of religious texts that challenge the morality of a lot of things widely not considered problematic (eating shell fish or wearing mixed fabrics) and then some texts that validate other things we *do consider issues (instructions on how to treat slaves - the implication being there is an acceptable way to treat slaves).

I *do see faith-based beliefs being incompatible with the scientific method and the like. And to be honest, that many religious leaders or people of faith take issue with LGBTQ makes it a lot easier to leave that world behind, because once one card slips the whole house starts to tumble. The more statements one makes without reason, the less likely I will respect the next ones. Add to that - some beliefs are innocuous and harm no one, therefore proof or justification of such beliefs isn't so important. But once you start making assertions that *do hurt ppl, it becomes increasingly necessary to justify them, and the less you can the less I respect the belief. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes but not exactly the god said in the bible. I dont think hes not accepting of gays. In all, the bible is man made

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Evangelicals do you believe in God? You sure don't act like it towards certain groups of people that YOU have called a sinner.

• 2 months ago

Yes of course I do. I wouldn't've transitioned if I was atheist.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes I do believe in G-d.

• 2 months ago

Yes, i wouldn't be here writing this.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No                 

• Yes I believe in God.

• 2 months ago

I am Trans and I am a realist I would like physical proof.

• Elizabeth
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

" Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth"  On Amazon Prime.  Nice take on Religion included.

• 2 months ago

Certainly, and there are so many to choose from!  Zeus, Odin, Yahweh, a golden calf, on and on.  I believe in a more cosmic way.

• 2 months ago

Not really.........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.