LGBT: Do you believe in God?

• Lauren

No - I've identified as "agnostic atheist" since I was in my early twenties or before (language or categorization wasn't super solidified for me in my teens but I got interested in the subject in my twenties). 

I don't see belief in a god and being LGBTQ as being incompatible. Some people point to religious texts as reasons to say they are, but there are a lot of religious texts that challenge the morality of a lot of things widely not considered problematic (eating shell fish or wearing mixed fabrics) and then some texts that validate other things we *do consider issues (instructions on how to treat slaves - the implication being there is an acceptable way to treat slaves).

I *do see faith-based beliefs being incompatible with the scientific method and the like. And to be honest, that many religious leaders or people of faith take issue with LGBTQ makes it a lot easier to leave that world behind, because once one card slips the whole house starts to tumble. The more statements one makes without reason, the less likely I will respect the next ones. Add to that - some beliefs are innocuous and harm no one, therefore proof or justification of such beliefs isn't so important. But once you start making assertions that *do hurt ppl, it becomes increasingly necessary to justify them, and the less you can the less I respect the belief. 

Yes but not exactly the god said in the bible. I dont think hes not accepting of gays. In all, the bible is man made

Evangelicals do you believe in God? You sure don't act like it towards certain groups of people that YOU have called a sinner.

Yes of course I do. I wouldn't've transitioned if I was atheist.

Yes I do believe in G-d.

Yes, i wouldn't be here writing this.

No                 

• Yes I believe in God.

I am Trans and I am a realist I would like physical proof.

• Elizabeth

" Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth"  On Amazon Prime.  Nice take on Religion included.

Certainly, and there are so many to choose from!  Zeus, Odin, Yahweh, a golden calf, on and on.  I believe in a more cosmic way.

Not really.........