Do you think allowing student to go back to school is a stupid decision during covid - 19 crisis?

Like if students go back to school, many student might get infected by the virus in different ways. Do you think you will agree with this?

The teachers are more likely to be infected and have fatal outcomes. Even in university the professors are more likely to be infected and have fatal outcome.

Still, zoom and panopto recordings and youtube are good substitutes

I think allowing schools to resume in summer or fall 2020 is a bad idea

• Jerry1 month agoReport

The older teachers can just stay at home its that simple, and no zoom isn't a good sub do you go to school?

Well, the braindead in Quebec wanted to open the elementary schools and over 40 staff and students tested positive for COVID-19 in the first two weeks after elementary schools outside the Montreal area opened on May 11. All the staff and kids go home and spread it in the community. 

no ......................... I do not agree

sheep follow the goat to be slaughtered

if the teacher were not being paid right now - I bet the whole discussion would change 

the whole shut down is nonsense  

It's too soon to make decisions about next fall. There's a lot we don't know. There's some syndrome that has struck children in New York and other places that's really awful. We need to know if it's related to COVID, and exactly what kind of risk we're putting children at. 

• fcas80

I find it hard to believe the typical classroom can accommodate students staying six feet apart, plus the chaos of cafeteria, staircases, and gym.

No I think it's fine, unless the student has really bad health issues, kids aren't affected by corona and online classes just aren't workign

• y

Well gee, I do not know. Letting them go back now in my town, would be pretty stupid. But I have no idea about what will happen over the summer. I have no Idea what the current conditions are in bumfuck  mid America either. So why would I judge, even comment, on what they are doing or are going to do in a couple of months?

I think it is pointless to make a decision in May about what will happen with school in September.  We have no idea what the virus will be doing that many weeks/months from now.

As things are currently going with the virus we are just now begin to open things back up again.  It has not been long enough for us to know if this will cause another round of the virus or not.

Until we have that information it becomes pointless to speculate what we should do about school in September.

The virus has already infected many, many people.  I happen to be one of them and I’m fine and 55y/o.  Young people hardly have symptoms when they get it.  Of all the people that get COVID-19 less than 1.5% of them die.  It’s not like it’s killing all the children in the world.  The people that are dying are the old and sick.  

I think anyone who is afraid to go outside because they think they might die, is dead already. 

• Starlight 1

As of this morning, the death toll from COVID-19 stood at 103,815. That figure comes from Johns Hopkins, which has been tracking the pandemic since it emerged last year.

• Mark

Well, SORT of.  It seems that "homeschool" learning is OK, but the pupil needs at least once a week, to be with the teacher.