Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

A turtle peed out of it's tail?

I was visiting my mom's house and they own a turtle which they let freely roam as it pleases. So anyways it followed my into the bathroom for some reason and I just picked it up which resulted in a bulge forming on the turtles tail and moving into a weird Cut area of it's tail. It then peed on me... And white stuff came out too ☹️ I don't know much about turtles sadly (Also it's a red eared slider)

Turtles and other reptiles have a cloaca, through which both feces and urine are discharged. The cloaca is an opening located at the base of the tail, although is is located farther away from the body in male turtles. Some turtles, such as mud and musk turtles, will also release a foul smelling substance from their cloaca when they are picked up.

Turtles use excretement as part of their defence when they feel threatenned.

Reptiles & birds have a "cloaca", a single orifice that they both pee & poop from (and lay eggs from, with females)..

It crapped on you, in other words.

LOL it likes you!!!