should i lie about my age to make it in the music industry?

i’m 25M. i look young for my age, probably as young as 19. i want to lie and say i’m actually 21. if a label and/or manager gains interest, is it worth it to lie? the only way they could find out i’m older is if they ask people that know me (that’s assuming they do find my age fishy in the first place). nothing on my socials would give away i’m 25 either. i’m also going for a pop rock style. if they find out would they actually cut ties with me or would they also keep it on the downlow? i any input would be appreciated.

1 week ago

I don't know what's more disturbing - your fantasies about sex with children, you pretending you have an underage wife, your sexual comments about animals or your theory that you can sign a contract in which you lie about your age.  Your total lack of understanding about "labels" and "managers" is actually humorous.

Call me when you drop your first album.  I'll be waiting.

• Slug

not worth it you will get found out and scrapped for that reason rather than your talent

These days it's best to be honest as it's easier to have outside influences catch you out.

These days it is also possible to cut out the middleman thanks to social media + digital download music platforms such as iTunes and Amazon Music to self-publish materials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PAdpdsBYU

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7oWQ3jm_h0

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl662kUChIk

Youtube thumbnail

• Clive

What does this have to do with travel?

Lie and say you are 19

You can't lie about your age any more. It's all over the internet. 

'the only way they could find out i’m older is if they ask people that know me'

...or if they require your ID to set up contracts, payments etc.

• Someone1 month agoReport

well that’s why i asked if they would just go with it after finding out afterwards.

You can try it but it wont get you anywhere, as they will very soon find out your real age. And you will never become a super star either. You would be lucky to get a gig in a pub.

• Peter

If you want to get in the music industry, you'll have to sign a contract, lying about your age would be a likely breach of that contract, and that would be the nd of your music career.

Yeah people are going to hire you and not ask your date of birth. Of course.