How much do I need to move out?

I am moving to a larger city from a small town. I have $2300 dollars saved and make 700$ every two weeks. Is 3,000$ enough to move out?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Truth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Regardless of where you're moving, 3K isn't a safe bet by any means and $350 a week is not a livable wage in any city I know of unless you have a roommate or two.

You need a better paying job if you're going to move out, for starters.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

There's no way anyone here can tell you if it's enough. In some areas, it would be, in others no.  You need to find out (1) what housing costs will be wherever you want to live, and (2) if you have enough. That's not possible from the little information you gave in your question. I can tell you this, however--you're making less than $20K a year--and that's not very much. The places you will be able to live on that are very limited. You'd have to find a place that wouldn't cost you more than about $450/month to rent--most larger cities won't have places that cheap.  The average rent in New York, for instance is over $2000 a month. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Have you bothered estimating your expenses and putting together a budget?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get back to us when you figure out where the $ goes. And you have good credit and a good rental history.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, nd twic that much, maybe a litte less than $6000 if you already have a job lined up to start immediately when you get there.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you are moving in with someone - you don't earn enough money per paycheck to pay for rent and have enough money left for other things you may need.

Your savings isn't the problem.  Your income is.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are probably going to need first and last months rent plus a deposit. 

The cash to have your stuff  transported, and then the money to either kit out this new place or some money for a few new bits and bobs. New insurance policies money for gas, et cetera et cetera.

Whatever you think you will need, double it.

• 2 months ago

Make a list of your expenses and figure the **** out yourself 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

stay put, we got coronavirus ding dong

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.