Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

What would a vegan do if they had. Tapeworm or if their home had termites?

Update:

Since they are animals

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If a parasite threatens my home or my well being then I'll terminate it with extreme prejudice.

Im a vegan, not a pacifist.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They would eat a troll. Trolls are a vegan 'meat'.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess they'd ask their mothers what to do.

• lo_mcg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They would do the same as anybody else; ‘vegan’ isn’t synonymous with ‘martyr’ and doing everything you can to avoid contributing to animal suffering doesn’t mean passively allowing your body or your home to be attacked.

Someone with a tapeworm can be effectively treated with a single dose of medicine; this kills the tapeworm and the body passes it.

You’ve chosen a bad example for your gotcha though; eating undercooked meat from an infected animal is the main cause of tapeworm infection in humans - so vegans are the group least likely to be infected.

For information:

Veganism is about minimising your contribution to animal suffering and exploitation as far as is - in the words of the man who invented the word vegan - reasonable and practical. 

• Louis
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Good answer. But the words are " possible and practicable". No biggie. same meaning. 
      Also it about avoiding animal exploitation. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If they had tapeworms the vegan would probably eat more of their mung bean compote.  That'll show the little wormy bastards.

• Gorgia
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Hopefully go and have it removed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.