How to go from a king to a twin bed?

I am sleep on a king side bed but I'm moving and the room where I am moving is small and will only fit a twin if I want my dresser there how do you make the switch

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I don't see what the problem is. You get rid of the big bed and buy a smaller one.

Job done. Oh, apart from buying linens that will fit the smaller bed.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A regular bed is the right size for 1 person, a queen is good,  but will have unused space.  A king is just too big, and a twin is too small for 1 person.  Assuming you are about normal size.    If the room is too small and you are alone, move some of the furniture to a different room.  The dresser is more than you need. Get rid of the dresser mirror and get a full length wall mirror and put it behind a door that covers it.  Put a tv on top of it.  You might consider buying a new bedroom suite to fit the room, and just the pieces that fit your situation.

• 2 months ago

I did that about a year ago when I moved to a smaller house after my wife's passing. I did not find it to be a problem as all. 

• 2 months ago

Very carefully

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How do you make the switch: Sell the king size bed. Donate all the king size linens. Buy a twin size bed. Buy twin size linens.

Sleep in it.

You're not as special as all that, it won't be a big deal to change.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get a really comfortable twin and you won't miss the old one whatever the size.

• 2 months ago

hopefully you aren't sharing that bed

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wow, that is like going from an SUV down to a compact car. It will be a big adjustment.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You might have to say goodbye to one of your legs

• 2 months ago

Sell, leave, give away the king bed. Buy a twin bed (plus twin sheets, and use whatever size blanket you want). You just missed all of the Memorial Day mattress sales (!)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.