How to go from a king to a twin bed?

I am sleep on a king side bed but I'm moving and the room where I am moving is small and will only fit a twin if I want my dresser there how do you make the switch

I don't see what the problem is. You get rid of the big bed and buy a smaller one.

Job done. Oh, apart from buying linens that will fit the smaller bed.

• Edwena

A regular bed is the right size for 1 person, a queen is good,  but will have unused space.  A king is just too big, and a twin is too small for 1 person.  Assuming you are about normal size.    If the room is too small and you are alone, move some of the furniture to a different room.  The dresser is more than you need. Get rid of the dresser mirror and get a full length wall mirror and put it behind a door that covers it.  Put a tv on top of it.  You might consider buying a new bedroom suite to fit the room, and just the pieces that fit your situation.

I did that about a year ago when I moved to a smaller house after my wife's passing. I did not find it to be a problem as all. 

Very carefully

• elhigh

How do you make the switch: Sell the king size bed. Donate all the king size linens. Buy a twin size bed. Buy twin size linens.

Sleep in it.

You're not as special as all that, it won't be a big deal to change.

Get a really comfortable twin and you won't miss the old one whatever the size.

hopefully you aren't sharing that bed

• Brian

Wow, that is like going from an SUV down to a compact car. It will be a big adjustment.

You might have to say goodbye to one of your legs

Sell, leave, give away the king bed. Buy a twin bed (plus twin sheets, and use whatever size blanket you want). You just missed all of the Memorial Day mattress sales (!)