Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Bunny surgery ?

My bunny is gonna get spayed soon and they told me to leave plenty food and water in the carrier for her.

My question is should I leave hay, couple pellets, lettuce and water in the carrier Or what?? Sounds dumb Ik but just wanted to make sure everything goes well...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I would just bring hay and pellets. 

Do not fast the rabbit for 12 hours. The reason people and some animals fast before surgery is so they don't throw up. Rabbits cannot throw up and fasting them can lead to other problems. Rabbits need food constantly moving through their system. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If she is having the operation, she should not eat before, otherwise she may be sick, i had rabbits spayed and the vet told me no food for 12 hours! check again with the vet.

• defend liberty
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A rabbit should never fast before surgery. They cannot vomit (which is the risk for other animals under anesthetic). Rabbits are not supposed to go without food. You are lucky you're vet didn't accidentally kill your rabbit with his inexperience. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Are vets getting so cheap now u have to send them off with food/water? Put stuff in a plastic container and some water in a plastic container.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ask the vet........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.