Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

I hate working and being an engineer I only do it for the money. Why can’t I just get and live on 600 dollars a week if Covid 19 is so bad?

For me to get 600 dollars a week for life based on investments I would need 750,000 or 1,000,000 dollars. If I can get that from government I don’t have to FIRE. 

I keep working as an engineer because I would hate being a cashier just as much or more and I make 5 times as much but if I could even get 1k a month tax free I would find a way to make it work I hate working so bad. 

One wonders what you'll do when the "government money" stops. This can't go on indefinitely. 

Unemployment doesn't last for life. You can't just choose to stay home and get unemployment. IF your work opens up and you don't go back, you lose unemployment.

i make 783 a month, without people and being on foodstamps i can't live on that little a month you would not be able to live  ALONE on 600 a month and anyone you lived with would see you as a free cook and maid because they bring in more money then you even if you both pay the same in bills as they would see the fact you dont contribute more in cash as proof you owe them

and the goverment won't give some one who can work money as they see the work you do as your way of paying into the nation

You are either a Troll or just an ignorant Moron. I am going with TROLL. But maybe you are an exception and are both

• xyzzy

Your big problem is that the extra $600 ends the 1st of July. It is not for life but currently for 4 weeks or possible as much as $2400 MAX.

theyre not going to give you money if you can get it working

• 2 months agoReport

actually because of the fact most cant go to work right now they are giving even those who can work money but they will stop doing so after covid passes