which is a better strategy to win the most in the lottery?

I can borrow $300 from Amscot before my next payday. Should I buy $300 worth of tickets all at once? Should I diversify my rickets? Should I spread out my ticket buying throughout the month?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Does borrowing money to play the Lottery make sense to You? It doesn't to everyone else. 

• 2 months ago

lol. do not gamble, especially borrowed money.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's the same expected return, but buying all at once would give you a slightly higher chance of winning. The reason is, instead of having a chance to win the same prize more than once, that probability gets redistributed to the chance of winning once, boosting it a little.

However, I must say, taking out a cash advance for lottery tickets is degen territory. If the 50% house edge and astronomical odds aren't enough already, you're paying whatever outrageous interest rate on the loan. And if you need a loan to be able to buy the tickets between paychecks, then $300 is probably wayyy more than you should be spending on tickets even without interest or house edge. (But I'm not your parent, so you do you. Good luck)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.