which is a better strategy to win the most in the lottery?

I can borrow $300 from Amscot before my next payday. Should I buy $300 worth of tickets all at once? Should I diversify my rickets? Should I spread out my ticket buying throughout the month?

• kswck2

Does borrowing money to play the Lottery make sense to You? It doesn't to everyone else. 

lol. do not gamble, especially borrowed money.

It's the same expected return, but buying all at once would give you a slightly higher chance of winning. The reason is, instead of having a chance to win the same prize more than once, that probability gets redistributed to the chance of winning once, boosting it a little.

However, I must say, taking out a cash advance for lottery tickets is degen territory. If the 50% house edge and astronomical odds aren't enough already, you're paying whatever outrageous interest rate on the loan. And if you need a loan to be able to buy the tickets between paychecks, then $300 is probably wayyy more than you should be spending on tickets even without interest or house edge. (But I'm not your parent, so you do you. Good luck)