Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Are you a fan of Jehova Witness knocking at your door?

I am. Even though im not religous at all, im atheist. But i do appreciate their warm company and brief conversations.

• User

No.

In my culture / upbringing

it's considered rude to visit someone at their home

unless invited

or unless it's an emergency (e.g. car broken down or something like that).

But...I have nothing against speaking with Witnesses. One of my very best friends is a long-time Witness (formerly an Elder). It's just that it should be done under conditions that I agree to, not a "surprise attack"

- where the visitor is rudely visiting uninvited, at a time and place and under circumstances I did not agree to

- and yet propriety (and Christian values) requires me to be polite to the rude, uninvited guest

• Tony2 months agoReport

to play with I am not sure if the elders are like that. but if jehova witness teach self control don't you want let drop so you never just hang out try new things out 

That was how I came to know the truth from the Bible, rather than man made traditions.  They also had a koine Greek Bible, which was interlinear, meaning that the direct translation of the words were right under the Greek. That was the way I was able to learn that John 1:1 was translated to favor the man made Trinity doctrine because in the Greek the first word God had a definite article "the" in front of it, but the second word god DID NOT.

This told me that when Jesus called his Father his God and the THE only true God, he meant it. John 17:3; 20:17.  I came to appreciate the value of accurate translation and unbiased study of the actual words in the Bible, and the harmony between the Hebrew Scriptures and the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Anyone who wants to find answers to questions that are straight from Bible study can do so by following the free, no-commitment online Bible study offered on the main page of http//www.jw.org

• Roberta B

Bible scholars who endorse the New World Translation  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200274101#p235

Never had one knock at my door.

No it’s illegal and not protected it’s harassment against your religion 

• Broton

Illegal? Where?

Yes, because they're wrong and need to change their minds, but they're also friendly and interesting.

I don’t really like it. But I’ve known a couple of Jehovah’s Witnesses. One was a woman who always Told me if she saw another Jehovah’s Witness that she knew that she would have to pretend she wasn’t with me. So that says something I guess. Another one was a Jehovah’s Witness who died of leukemia. Another woman I once worked with.  She was annoying sometimes but I kind of liked her. She was honest. And Seemed pretty wise. She foresaw trouble in my life if I ever “hooked up with” a woman. And she was absolutely right about that. A couple of bad relationships a horrendous marriage and divorce taught me that.I just don’t do well with women and that has been one of the banes of my existence. Some Jehovah’s Witnesses seem like pretty smart cookies, therefore. And straight shooters. They say the Nazis only let Jehovah’s Witnesses in their concentration camps cut their hair because those were the only ones they really trusted to have sharpened scissors near them.

no but my dogs are

Not a problem.  I tried politely telling two of them that I wasn't interested, but they wouldn't leave.  So I brought my Koine Greek Bible to the door and showed them the error of their ways.  Haven't seen one since.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • daylily61

And do you have trouble comprehending what you read?   She said she DID politely tell two JWs she wasn't interested.  It was AT THAT POINT that she brought out her Koine Greek Bible, BECAUSE they wouldn't leave.

Yes, I am a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses knocking at my door.

I also enjoy it when Catholics, Mormons, and Baptists knock at my door although, admittedly, it is a rarity.

Hannah J Paul

• Paul

We always welcomed them, offered them some refreshments, and shared the truth of Jesus Christ with them. Three of them who came to our door at various times are now Catholic. Maybe that's why they have stopped coming.

• Snowbird

He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has BOTH the Father & the Son (2 John 9) If anyone comes to you & does not bring this doctrine DO NOT RECEIVE HIM INTO YOUR HOUSE NOR GREET HIM, for he who greets him, SHARES IN HIS EVIL DEEDS

• At this point, I kind of do. I miss hanging out with my friends.