Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Am I wrong for not wanting to live with my gfs untrained dog?!?

It’s been almost 5 yrs with my gf. I love her, but her dog is untrained and defecates all over the house and furniture. I’m at a place in my life where I want nice things and want them to stay nice, I work hard for the stuff I have. It’s been 3 yrs since we’ve moved in together and she says that she will fix the dog but nothing ever changes. It’s not a day that goes by that I don’t smell poop or urine, it’s everyday at this point which has forced to put my interest in moving out. Has nothing to do with my gf she’s amazing but the dog I can’t deal with and she said she’s not getting rid of the dog. Trained or untrained. I just don’t want to seem like a bad guy, but the place smells like a zoo and it never gets better. I’ve bought rugs, that have been ruined in less than a week, multiple rugs, it also urinated on our brand new mattress and couch. 

The dogs not trained? Sounds like she’s not trained. To walk the dog

Dog: "Am I wrong for wanting to maul my owner's untrained, dog-hating boyfriend? Also, he urinates and sh*ts everywhere and blames it on me because he is a dog hating pussy."

• John2 months agoReport

300 IQ comment right here, give this man a trophy

Why on earth do you put up with this?  It's unsafe--unhygienic--and ridiculous. And you've done it for 3 years???  

Stop buying new things. You KNOW what is going to happen to them. Stop putting up with this behavior from the dog AND your GF. It's not even NORMAL. It's not just a matter of ruined stuff and stink--it's a matter of what's wrong with your GF that she is willing to live in a TOILET instead of a normal house.  This dog isn't going to be 'fixed'  and neither is this situation until you move out, or she and the dog do. Quit putting up with this!! 

You're not wrong.

Nope you aint.....................I´d leave her  rather than living in a dogs sewer. In all truth also... Ivé got no time for such folk in all honesty.

Besides that the opposite sex are like buses.... (Theres always another  one , just around the corner .)

• e9601:

You are not wrong. The amazing gf isn't so amazing if she lets this filth and health hazard to continue as she has been. Move out my friend and live a clean amazing life.

• Anna

Sounds like she's lazy and he would be better off without her. She can live in her dogs filth and he can find a girl who isn't a lazy dog owner like her.

No, you're not wrong. You can choose how you want to live.

I don't see a choice.  You can't live with things as they are.  She won't change anything.  You can either stay and constantly be upset or take your nice things and leave.

Has she ever taken the dog to a Vet to see if there's a health problem?  When my GSD started getting old (8 years old) she began to lose control of her urine, and my Vet put her on hormone pills.

The other thought is how long is the dog alone in the house?  Someone could come in and let the dog out during the day?

I have never crated a dog, BUT I have used puppy pens to confine the dog.

If you are as fed up as you appear, move out.

This probably belongs in relationships..  Not in dogs.

Your options...

1.  Train the dog yourself 

2.  Deal with it.

3.  Break up.

Obviously she isnt going to change..  And even if you just deal with it and wait till the dog passes, its unlikely that the situation will change with the next dog...  And she likely will want another dog.

And if the two of you ever have children, expect her parenting style to be similar.

You're not the bad guy if you break it off.  Clearly the two of you have very different lifestyles.

She isn't going to do anything about it. After all these yrs of telling her you can't stand the filth & she hasn't done a thing about it.

Either you have to make a major decision or she has to make a major decision. Which is stronger, the love for the girl or the horrible stench, that others can smell on your clothes.

So many questions I need to ask but most questioners don't get back with us after asking the questions. The dog needs to be trained to pee & poop OUTSIDE. If where you live has no yard for the dog to potty in, you are stuck with the stench of the dog. Makes you smell like piss & poop.

If she is using pee pads, they are the reason the dog goes where ever it wants or needs to go. You are stuck with piss & s hit & if it is just too much, leave.

Sounds like she has not trained this dog at all to do anything. She is not a responsible dog owner. She has not done right by her dog. Will she be able to do right by you?