How exactly are people still getting married during this pandemic?

With the coronavirus going on, social gatherings banned and court houses closed how are people still getting married? Do they have a ceremony without a license then sign one later? Online weddings are illegal in my state and just about every state I know in my region so I don’t know how people do it.

Also wouldn’t any kind of wedding ceremony violate social distancing rules. I see people have small ceremonies where the bride and groom are not keeping 6 feet and kissing each other Which is how the virus spreads. Couples shouldn’t be living together for this reason, as one person could catch the virus outside and spread it to the other, that’s really dangerous. One reason I’m glad I’m single, can’t catch the virus if I never leave my apartment and interact with others 

And who would want to tell their friends, family and kids that I got married during the most depressing and messed up year in human history 

Favorite Answer

A lot of states have made modifications so that you can get the license online. Then you can just have a friend get their universal minister certificate online, conduct a backyard ceremony and file the paperwork. But why get married? Stay single. Trust me.

• Edna

People are getting married during this pandemic in exactly the same way they've always gotten married. 

First, you go down to the County Clerk's office and obtain a Marriage License. If the County Clerk's office is closed for walk-in business, phone the office and they'll make an appointment with you to issue you a Marriage License. You  CAN'T get married, if you haven't previously obtained a Marriage License. 

After you have your Marriage License, you decide when, where, and by whom you want to officiate at  your wedding, and how "big" a wedding you want to have.  You make the arrangements, and get married. That's all there is to it.   

I don't know where you live, but in my State of Texas (and in many other states) most of the coronavirus restrictions were lifted as of May 1. Social-distancing is no longer in effect; a bride and groom certainly do NOT stand 6 feet apart at the alter, and they DO kiss each other after the ceremony. There is no restriction on the number of guests you can have at your wedding. You can have as big or as small a wedding as you want to have. So,, your reasons for being happy that you're single are no longer valid. 

This is NOT most depressing and messed up year in human history. The most depressing and messed up years in human history were probably the Black Death plague in Europe in the 12th century; the world-wide Spanish flu pandemic in 1918; the Great Depression, which began in 1930 and lasted for 11 years; and the years immediately before and during WWII. 

Just a few are, in open space, no big weddings, only up to ten people

• Trish

I think they get the marriage license online.  How they get an officiant I don't know but if they can have drive through chapels in Los Vegas I suppose anything is possible.

Stop trolling this, you pest.

Aah...the omg wedding pandemic troll.

• j1 month agoReport

messy, hi, ur right

• A

90% of the couples getting married today are either living together or staying over each others homes regularly so it is no big deal to stand together or kiss.   

• Edna

Martin:  No;  they both won't necessarily get sick - not even if one of them contracts coronavirus virus..Many people who are diagnosed with the virus are confined in their homes while the virus is still active; but people who live with them & care for them don't usually come down with the virus.