Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What is so hard about people praying at their house?

I don't understand why people are so determined to get back to church, I've always felt that I can pray and worship anywhere at any time. So that makes church's and places of worship pointless to me. I can worship within my own bedroom.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

That's sad.  You have no idea what you're missing.

Also sad that a member with a chip on her shoulder turned your question around 180 degrees and made it about the idiots who want to go back to church before it's safe to do so. 

@ Anonymous -- NO ONE has the right to infect others with a potentially fatal illness. Use the brain God gave you.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

No doubt you can do just as you suggest. But bear in mind that Hebrews 10:25 speaks against "Forsaking the assembly".

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Praying and worshiping in your own house is good, but there can be no fellowship of believers if you don't commune with anyone.

• swolt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It looks like some people don't think they're practicing their religion unless they're showing off how pious they are in front of the entire congregation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Because nobody cares what you think.

• 2 months ago

They'd loath to admit it, but adults can be just like children... if you tell them they can't OR shouldn't do a thing, they're gonna wanna do it just cause you told them that.

• 2 months ago

You're right but the fact remains that fellowship is important to people even if it isn't to you.

• 2 months ago

Religions have always provided Community and sharing.  Being together, praising the same God and thanking him for success goes back to the earliest civilizations. The oldest known Temple dates to over 12,000 years ago.     

• Ray J
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nice greengrocer's apostrophe.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights guarantees the right to physically assemble.  If you are terrified, then you can stay home.  It's a moot point.  Everybody is already out and about everywhere, shops are open, churches are open, everyone is going out.  You can hide in your house for the rest of your life.  Furthermore, nobody is going to die of "coronavirus".  Hospitals are reporting that many more people are dying of suicides because of people like you trying to force everyone to be isolated forever.  If you really cared about people, you would shut up.  If you're afraid, then hide in your house.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.