Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Is Eastern Europe a heaven for men?

Eastern Europe is the only region in the world where men have happier lives and live like kings. Men in Eastern Europe get beautiful women, good sex, good wife, vodka and are physically very strong.

Eastern Europe is a very patriarchal society that means men there have it easier than American men. As an Asian guy, I wish I were an Eastern European guy. I want to migrate and get a job in Eastern Europe.

• Werbie

For men maybe, for women no.

It's a bit racist to assume an Eastern European women is going to accept you - treat you like a king, when Western women don't. No wonder a lot of them take revenge on their ugly old husbands lol. 

Patriarchy does untold psychological harm to men. My impression of the US, and I've never been there so I hope I'm wrong, is that it's also pretty patriarchal, though maybe not as toxic as some parts of Eastern Europe. Also, America is very big and varies a lot. I'm sure you could find areas where women are pretty oppressed, there's loads of homophobia and men's emotional unavailability and loneliness is almost as encouraged as it is in Eastern Europe.

• Bill

Shut the hell up.

Maybe so but the business environment is crap. Unemployment is high, wages are low, the health systems are barely functional, especially in the present "covid" environment.