Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 2 months ago

Why do people on Facebook hide their birthdays?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Marvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They do not want their identify stolen.

In some states all I need is your birthdate, birth name, and city of birth and I can get a government ID in your name.  No I would never do that myself. I know this because a guy was able to do it in my name using info he stole from my mailbox at the end of my driveway.

Oh, and another thing. If I was dumb enough to use facebook, and you saw my birthdate along with my picture you would call me a toll.  Why? I am 54, but could pass for 35. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Many reasons to hide their birthday. First, it never shows their age because of human nature that is. To continue you go dizisolution it is more reason tell.

• 1 month ago

There are two major reasons why people deliberately hide their birthdate on social media platforms. The first reason is social, some people find that the date in which they were born is quite personal and should be only limited to friends. Furthermore, some others prefer to keep their age private as they dislike people finding out how old they are even for their acquaintances. The second reason is security, it is recommended by IT experts to keep public personal information to a minimum in order to prevent impersonating your identity, eventually leading to serious consequences.

• 2 months ago

Um.. What if someone looks up my zodiac sign? or my natal chart? Do they wanna destroy me? Birthdays are hella powerful 

also id theft.. isa thing lolz

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Privacy. Mainly to protect themselves from identity theft.

Source(s): That's why I do
  • 2 months ago

It's people's own wish

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If they have your entire birth date and name plus your town and state they can attempt to commit identification fraud.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To prevent ID theft.   Facebook is a prime source of information for Identity Theft.

People post too much info about themselves and the Crims love it.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some people dont want other people to know its there Birthday some people are very Private

• 2 months ago

Think about it, clown.  They don't want people to know how old they really are, OR they don't want to be inundated with birthday greetings.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.