Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 months ago

Holly, Katy, or Lucy? ?

And why? 

Holly. The other two are just nicknames to me, for Katherine and Lucinda/Lucille. 

Lucy (means light) 

Holly. Katy is more of a nickname.

• Snid

Holly.  Katy is a nickname.  Lucy is too often a pet's name now days.

I like all of these names but Holly is my favourite :)

It's simple and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's - so I personally get a classic, iconic, sophisticated and old-world feel from it. The character in the movie is also extremely eccentric, charismatic, loveable, charming, funny, memorable and different - so I associate the name with those qualities too. Finally, it reminds me of Christmas so in addition to the classy-and-sophisticated-yet-simultaneously-eccentric vibes I get from the name, there's also a festive, joyful and holiday element to it that makes me think of family, gratitude and celebration.

The name itself is beautifully simple, memorable, and it's a good level of popularity. It looks nice written down. The soft letters (h, o, l) make it feminine, soft and melodic but the short two-syllables and 'ee' ending make it strong-sounding, cute and versatile.

I also adore the name Katy - it's another name I wish my parents gave me.

Lucy is cute, classy and pretty too, it's just doesn't do anything for me personally.

/10

Holly 10

Katy 9

Lucy 6

• Webbo

Katy and Lucy, not keen on Holly.

I love all three!! 

Holly is my best friends name but spells it Hollie. It’s just an overall pretty name .

Katy: it’s a nice nickname . Great for Kaitlyn. Which I adore

Lucy: sweet and adorable. The great thing about this name is it’s a nice name by itself. And not necessarily short for anything.  

But my favorite would have to pick Katy

• SR

I personally don’t like any of those names. They are very short and sound more like nicknames than full first names. For example, the name Katy sounds like it would be a shortened version of Katherine, or just Kate. As for Holly, I’ve never liked that name - it just doesn’t sound nice. The name Lucy is okay, but it’s common and there’s nothing overly special about it. Lucinda is much prettier and far more elegant for a first name. That’s just my opinion.

• Petter

Lucy! Why?  Charlene Tilton.