Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do Christians really love Jesus or they just afraid of him?

Afraid that he will torture them for eternity if they don't accept him in his life.

Some do, some don't. There is a spectrum of motivations. Some worship out of fear. Some worship out of a sense of duty, or tradition even. Some of us have felt God's indescribable love and want to cooperate with him.

• Paul

Why would I be afraid of the One Who invites me to share eternal happiness with Him?

Not according to Mt. 11:28-30.

• Fear is on your side, it is you, who must fear if you don't do God's laws, they will take you to eternal hell!

Those who love Jesus don't fear fear!

And then, in hell you won't be tortured, but you will suffer and cry forever!

1 John 4:17-19.

In this love is made perfect in us: that on the Day of Judgment we have confidence, for as he is, so are we in this world. 18 In love there is no fear; on the contrary, perfect love drives fear away, because those who are afraid fearful fear a punishment. So he who is afraid is not perfect in love. 19 We love because he loved us first.

Convert from your atheism, to God, while you still have time, then it will be late for your salvation.

Love, but there is some fear involved.

For example, I love traveling on the open highway in the great outdoors, but if I veer  off the road into oncoming traffic, I get scared very quick.  As long as one stays on the "straight and narrow" road, they have nothing to fear (Mt 7:13-14).

Something else you're not taking into account is that the default position is that because of our sins, we are all destined for hell, irrespective if we fear or do not fear Jesus.  However, God has graciously provided a way through an obedient faith in Jesus whereby one can not only avoid hell, but live forever with God in heaven.

God sent Jesus to us so that we wouldn't fear Him.

• David B.

Git ;  I'm well aware of that. It also says in Proverbs 9:10 the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The word fear in both cases is referring to a reverential fear or a great respect not that one should be afraid.

Fear is the binding force.... 

Love Jesus OR ELSE!  

This concept has been financially successful for 1700 years.  

I think many of them really, really love him. And yes. Some are scared. But I think also, it's often a varying combination of both. Rather than just one or the other. Things are never simple, as far as the human mind goes.

A Christian is a person who has been delivered from hell as an eternal outcome, the moment they repentantly placed all their faith in what Jesus had done to defeat sin, death and hell. You just don't get it do you? Anybody who lives in fear of ending up in hell cannot yet be a Christian. Cords of love draw sinners to Jesus who died for them, that they be spared hell.

Both as commanded. Cant imagine why it bothers anyone.

Luke 12:4-5 KJV — And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.