Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

how do i remove the wires im not using on my 2011 kawasaki ninja 650 while only leaving the wires that are essential?

im working on this street bike it has no fairings/lights/gauges/mirrors its stripped down i broke all the brackets off and made the frame open so you can see the engine the last thing i need to do is remove all the wires that are suppose to go to everything that i dont have on the bike , its running just fine without any of that stuff so i know thats gotta mean that i can go ahead and follow the wires down and unplug it at the power and set them aside for later does anyone know the proper way to do this because these wires have no end theres so many and they all just lead into eachother im bout to start cutting first and asking questions later but i really dont wanna mess up my bike i just dont want these wires please help

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Do NOT cut unless you are a wiring guru.  The wires on a bike is just one complete harness and the circuits share many power and ground connections.  Just try to hide the wires as much as possible.  You can use wire harness looms to make it look neat.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

How to do it intelligently is to obtain a wiring diagram and learn how to use it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Since they used to race those bikes you are probably best off looking for a race prep blog. They will use some kind of gauge cluster though. 

But once you have finished, what is the point? It won't make a decent track bike with no bodywork.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.