steve
steve asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 months ago

Can I get my friend back?

So a few months ago I asked a girl out and she ghosts me and tells me she was with someone else 2 weeks later. Yeah I was hurt but so what. I regret asking her out. Not being mean but we were friends and she introduced me to her friends. The thing is I have no friends. She doesn't know that but she will think I'm a loser if she did. I want her as a friend and only a friend. I don't care about getting a girlfriend now all I want is good friends. Of course I blew it when I asked her out. I'm not kidding but that was probably the biggest regret of my life!! If I didn't we would probably still be friends and I may have become closer to her other friends. Am I going to be a loner forever? I guess I loved her and asked her out because she gave me something that I have never gotten before. I with I could thank her for being a friend to me. And she make me feel awesome. She said we could stay friends but she doesn't really answer my messages or want to hangout. I really don't have romantic feelings for her. I want the friendship back. Just any friends. What can I do?

Just tell her how you feel, if she's a good friend she'll value you as who you are and will not judge you. Besides, you're not a loser, but someone that has not had the chance to meet new people or maybe it's just harder for you, anyway, I think the best thing you can do is open up to her and tell her how you feel about the situation. Good luck!

So basically you are using her. Perhaps she's discovered this. That you are only using her as a friend so you can steal her friends because you can't be bothered to get friends of your own. You can pretend to yourself that you are too shy or something like that.....but basically, you are frightened to talk to other people. Force yourself. Get counselling to improve your self esteem and you will gain the confidence to find your own friends rather than stalk this one girl to use her again.