Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I blocked him, and now I regret it.?

I had been talking to this guy for 2 months, and against my better judgement, I started liking him and wanting a relationship with him. I brought this up to him, and he said that he cared about me but that he didn’t want a relationship cause he didn’t want to do long distance (we travel for work, but we live in completely different states thousands of miles apart). I understood what he was saying and I told him that we should probably cut down on the contact and interaction and he also agreed. But he continued texting and calling and wanting to hang out, which I couldn’t understand because he said he didn’t want a relationship. This went on for about a month. Then we got into an argument and I blocked him on Snapchat out of anger and because at that point I felt like we kept going back and forth in circles and I felt like the relationship was never going to go anywhere. I also felt like he was almost just stringing me along, and I kept getting my hopes up for something more. But now that I have thought about it I feel like I should of kept the lines of communication open, and feel like I reacted to fast. It’s been a week now, and I regret not coming to him about my concerns calmly and talking it out. I want to contact him now but I saw that he had blocked me on FB.

Should I just let it go and move on, or should I apologize to him and try to rekindle the friendship? I feel bad about the encounter, and feel like I was very childish to block him. What would you do?

• A X

It's the 21st century. Women can tell a guy they'd like a relationship and the guy can say they'd rather just be friends. Take it or leave it, but try not to obsess over it. From what you say, he's made it pretty clear he wants to be just a friend. He wants to "hang out," not have a serious romantic relationship. He seems to have been honest with you, but you're still trying for a romantic relationship. That's somewhat dishonest and the drama coming from it is probably what lead to him blocking you. Live, learn and move on. Good luck.

It's really never a great idea to tell a guy you want a relationship. It makes us come off as desperate and needy. If a guy is interested, he will contact you and ask you out on a proper date.... and if he doesn't want a relationship maybe he enjoys you as a friend? How can he be stringing you along when he said he's not interested in something serious/a relationship? He told you that.

I might contact him and let him know i feel i over-reacted if i valued him as a friend. If not, i wouldn't. But what you do is your choice.

I'd leave it for a while. Stay blocked etc for the time being. I'm assuming you don't work together so never see each other face to face. If you do....you could approach him in a friendly way and speak directly to him. If you don't work together then this is only going to be a long distance relationship which is basically a total waste of time because it's not a proper relationship. What you don't have, you don't miss. Move on and find a guy who you can see once or twice a week. That's more natural.

• Kaylee

Readd him and explain what happened if you feel like this could be a good friendship. 

Maybe you both could be good friends.