Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Fiancee doesn't like the place where I live and that makes me feel inferior to her?

We met last summet in greece while I was on holiday. She cleaned the rooms of her uncle's apartments before the guests came and that it when I met her, love at first sight, I was immediately in love with her shyness and how innocent and tender she looked when she blushed while looking at me and running away. We got engaged but she didn't let me kiss her or stay too close to her, because she said she didn't know if I was serious or not. I went back there in septemeber to get officially engaged with her parents' approval. Last christmas she came to my place and she complained about finding a small town, foddy and depressing, where there are few people and said she felt like couldn't breathe. She kept asking 'how do you live here? Why are you so alone? Don't you have guests coming to visit?' Well we don't have half of the family living almost together like she does. We avoid relatives here. Then she complained about people being closed and rude and about my parents being diffident and cold with her, maybe cause I am not from here? She asked me then, would it be better if you found a girl of your country? At some point she cried out of homesickness and she said she missed the sea and her family, and that she could never stay here forever. I said it's alright, you don't have to, then she cried again apologizing for her words and insisted on me moving to greece at her town. Which I am still pondering. But still, how she felt makes me upset and hurt a little. Are we this bad?

• kswck2

Sounds like the two of you have issues that WE cannot solve here.

• L

Dump her and move on.  She's obviously NOT into you.

Yup, that'll happen when you pretend that infatuation is "love" and that just exchanging a pheromonal thrill is the same as taking the time to build a real relationship.

I suggest you have her give you some head one last time and then go find

another

woman.  

Sounds like it's her problem, not yours.  Maybe if her mind wasn't so closed and her mouth so wide open, you'd get along better.  Sounds like she'll be a real high maintenance whiner.

• Tj

Two different worlds. Would you be happy living in her town, could you support her. You really do not know her all that well, so It may never work out.