Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 months ago

Why do people think that fat men are accepted and fat women are not?

Last time I checked there are only dating websites for fat women and none for fat men. Also women find only 20 percent of men attractive whereas men find 80 percent of women attractive. Who is really being accepting here?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

From 'The Honeymooners' to 'The King of Queens' pop culture has long held this trope that even a sloppy guy can get a fit wife. Films like 'Bridesmaids' and such have tried to flip the gender on this trope. But the fact remains that you can date whomever you want and you shouldn't look to social programming to determine your own tastes. No one's going to force you to date a "fat chick" if you don't wish to.

• God
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Men get body shamed for not being tall and muscular just like women get shamed for not being thin. But yes, men are much less picky compared to women. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

"men find 80 percent of women attractive" - Bullshıt

• 4 months ago

Overweight men can walk around shirtless, and nobody says anything, but when an overweight woman wears revealing clothes, people whine on about how she should cover up, and that she doesn't have the body for that type of clothing. It's also clear to see that you already have some stats (where did you get those?) to back up your opinion, and have already made up your mind before you posted the question. If you've already decided, why even ask the question? Is your goal just to get a bunch of answers that already agree with your perspective, and validate your own thoughts? What's the point in asking if you've already decided on an answer? It's like you're consciously trying to worsen your confirmation bias. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Those sites are for men with a sexual fetish for fat women, and I have only known 1 such man in my life, so it's not very common. There are women who like beefy or big men, but I've never heard of a woman with a thing for obese men, which is probably why such a site doesn't exist. 

"Also women find only 20 percent of men attractive whereas men find 80 percent of women attractive." You mean attractive enough to have sex with. Women are typically looking for more than that. 

• 4 months ago

The only people who are accepting of fat men are equally fat women.

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Not the fat dude. Not unless she is a white hot woman somehow stuck in Africa on business and needs you to send her money for a plane ticket to come see you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.