Is it New or Used?

I purchased a new vehicle per contract on 5-11-20, after completing and signing contract I was told the vehicle had a open safety recall and could not be taken off the lot until the repair was made (maybe a couple of days). Two days later dealership calls, you can pickup vehicle when the part comes in we will repair. I also purchased an extended maintenance warranty 7 years 100000 miles. I went to the Mopar website to register my warranty and was told the vehicle was purchased on Oct 2019, I verified the Vin on the vehicle matched the paperwork and it did. The wedsite said to contact the Ram dealership their is some sort of simple mistake (I will tomorrow). I had   doubts when I was told by the dealership to take the vehicle with the open safety recall. Can anyone explain how this could be or is it just a simple mistake?

• not al all...............................

• Mr.357

When you see the title, it will either show the manufacturer or the previous owner.

The mileage was 259 miles.

• Barry

What was the mileage on the odometer? In the UK dealerships register cars in their own name to claim manufacturer's sales bonuses. When you buy one of these cars you are shown as the second owner. But what really matters is the mileage as some will have been used as demonstrators. I expect a similar system operates in the US.