Moving to Nyc during covid ?

So I been planning on moving to Nyc long before the whole covid-19 situation and given that Nyc is the epic center for the United States I’m feeling kinda skeptical about moving there because what if a second wave comes and I might Have to come back home? I have 10k saved I’m planning on moving mid July 

Do not worry about "epicenter." That is a bad description. Many deaths were in nursing homes (and even more after sick people were moved into the nursing homes). And, as is headlined in many articles the CV affects blacks at a higher rate than whites. So if you are young and healthy and follow the guidelines you should be just as safe in NYC as anywhere else.

Now is not a good time to move especially if you don't already have a job lined up there.

$10000 is going to last 12 minutes in NYC.  When you have $25000 saved up, consider moving. 

You cannot rent an apartment unless you put down first and last month $ - that could run $2000x 2. You must show proof of a job - pay stub, etc. It is going to take a LONG time to get going here again, so for somebody new to expect to find a job now, is impossible.  You have picked the WORST time to do this.  Yes, some peoole are leaving NYC and moving upstate where they can work from home - but they are leaving expensive apartments. So if you hear that there are places to rent - not for a newbie.

As long as you have a job waiting for you then go.  Otherwise wait