Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 months ago

Can repetition drive someone insane?

I read from a book cover that read "May Allah rip out his spine and split his brain, the put them back into the same place and do it over and over again". I have been delirious ever since, and every time i see something being done in repitition I get delirious and start panicking and my heart starts racing and i just stare with teary eyes.

• Tina

If you have actually been delirious you should definitely see a doctor.

Probably you should see one anyway.

Edited to say - Meanwhile, if you are finding it difficult to get to a doctor, when you do see something which you know will get this reaction, make a real effort to look away at once - move away if possible - if it's onscreen, switch it off.  Think about controlling your breathing - you could count your breaths in and out, and then replace the mental image with something pleasant - a kitten playing or a piece of chocolate cake or whatever you like.

• Cogito

You may need to consult a professional counsellor.  Getting so upset about a very silly sentence you once read is not normal.  It's just a stupid, fanatically religious 'threat' which means nothing in the real world.

If you can't just forget it and get on with your life, you need help.

Yes in fact it's basically the definition of insanity