Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 5 months ago

Can repetition drive someone insane?

I read from a book cover that read "May Allah rip out his spine and split his brain, the put them back into the same place and do it over and over again". I have been delirious ever since, and every time i see something being done in repitition I get delirious and start panicking and my heart starts racing and i just stare with teary eyes.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Tina
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you have actually been delirious you should definitely see a doctor.

Probably you should see one anyway.

Edited to say - Meanwhile, if you are finding it difficult to get to a doctor, when you do see something which you know will get this reaction, make a real effort to look away at once - move away if possible - if it's onscreen, switch it off.  Think about controlling your breathing - you could count your breaths in and out, and then replace the mental image with something pleasant - a kitten playing or a piece of chocolate cake or whatever you like.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You may need to consult a professional counsellor.  Getting so upset about a very silly sentence you once read is not normal.  It's just a stupid, fanatically religious 'threat' which means nothing in the real world.

If you can't just forget it and get on with your life, you need help.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes in fact it's basically the definition of insanity

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.