Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

I just assembled a new office chair, but it is much shorter than it should be. Does anyone know how to make the chair taller?

This is the first time, I've ever assembled an office chair.

The seat will go up and down, and the height goes from 18 3/4" - 22". On the companies website, it says the chair seat should go from 36 5/8 " - 40 3/16".

The chair looks right to me, though I might be missing something. Usually the men do handiwork like this in my family. I recently moved into my first apartment.

Does anyone have suggestions of what I can do to fix my problem with the office chair?

Nevermind! I think I know what to do, now. Thank you!

No, I got it from office max's website.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/5242953/Bre...

"Height (Minimum) - Floor To Seat 36-5/8 in. "

"Height (Maximum) - Floor To Seat 40-3/16 in."

Yes, now you know, it is from the company. 

Me, a troll? No way, Hosea! :P

• Ron

You followed the instructions, didn't you? Men don't do that. Take it apart and put it back together right

• SumDude

imo sounds like Kendall is a female; and either has a "chair arm" loose, or is trolling us.

Your update is BS. You HAVE NOT learned not to troll, or at least to troll plausibly.

Note: 36 5/8" to 40 /36" would be the top of the seat back. unless you have a STOOL, not an office chair.

You misinterpreted something (or are trolling us). Office chair SEATS do not go up to THREE feet in the air. The chair would not fit under the desk.  The only way to make the seat higher is to take off the wheels and put the chair up on blocks (!)