Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Stereotypical names?

Could you contrive any more?

Karen - The suburban ultra-***** who continually asks to speak to the manager and is heavily narcissistic and entitled.

Chad - The attractive, alpha male who plentiful virgins either envy or look up to, a common infamous meme on incel subreddits.

Kyle - Angry edgy teenagers who listen to nu-metal, hate their parents, drink Monster energy and Mountain Dew, play FPS games and punch walls.

Becky - The attractive basic ***** who constantly talks and gossips with her girlfriends while sipping Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks.

Stacy - Ultra attractive, super tanned, materialistic, gold digger personality, will usually reside in Los Angeles and are incredibly entitled.

Tanner - The polo shirt fraternity bro type who is heavily into bro culture, pumping and dumping, and usually an example of the "basic bro douchebag".

Brad - That high school jock guy who was often relatively okay as a person, however, posted vague Christian scriptures and was attractive. Socially intelligent but basic.

Melvin - That well-known nerd type who lives in the basement and plays DnD.

Ignatius - That obese neckbeard who eats Cheetos and is MGTOW.

Felicia - That toxic ***** who everybody constantly says "bye" to once unfriending her.

So, if anybody has any others which I have missed or certain names of individuals based on their own experiences, I would certainly love to hear more about it.

It has come to my acknowledgment that many people currently refer to each other as what many names are online and their references which are oftentimes made into memes. Which names have you experienced which strikes you as a person? How would you perceive somebody who's called "Shannon" or "Craig" to be? Essentially, could you contrive stereotypes of particular names of your own? Here are common examples of well-known stereotyped names...

Poindexter - He who seeks to name and categorize everyone else based solely on his own sense that he's normal and everyone else falls into some stereotype he's created.

The funny thing is that the people I know in real life with some of those names are nothing like the internet stereotypes for them. For example, I know a couple of girls called Becky and one is super shy, quiet, kind of geeky, and has a couple of cats. The other one is a surgeon. The only woman I've met called Stacy was one of the kindest people I've known. She was pretty but not super tanned or materialistic I grew up with a guy called Brad and he wasn't popular at all, nor was he a jock. 

So, no I don't believe you can stereotype someone based off of their name.. 

• Bill

That's a lot of stupid sh_*it. Bro culture is gay as hell and this crap here is just f*ucking stupid.