Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

When I take a deep breath, why is my ribs still feel like they are tender yet? How long will this last?

Six months ago I was in a car accident. I had four broken ribs. They heeled but when I sit in the chair or lay down and take a really deep breath Is when I can feel it the most. 

Broken ribs take a LONG time to heal...

It takes ribs a good while to completely heal. The fractures may appear to be healed in x-rays, but this doesn't mean they aren't still healing.

• Andy C

A healthy body heals most of the way back to whole.

An unhealthy body that is fed sugars daily heals only part way back to whole.

You can dismiss the importance of a healthy daily diet devoid of added sugars and alcohol, but don't complain about not being healthy if you choose not to be healthy.

Source(s): If you didn't choose this, read this book to reverse the liver damage "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.