Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Ex-wife was phys abusive, which I don't expect many to believe, because I'm way bigger. I miss her in spite of this. How to cope with this?

I know it's not a good idea to be back in the relationship, but we had many good times in spite of the bad. It's really awful and conflicting feelings I have as yes, I could have left the relationship, and long ago, but I didn't because I'm not good in relationships in general and I did love her. And yet, it was awful pretty often. Women experience this way more than men I'm told. And, it's troubling that people really don't seem to care about a man who is abused physically, especially by a smaller woman, but it also effects your psychological. Advice? I'd really appreciate the help. I'm now lonely--especially because of Covid19--and I'm not good at meeting people anyway. How do I deal with my feelings of anger toward her now? How do I let go of the anger to some extent? How do I meet a good new person and stop wanting to see her--the person who wasn't so good for me afterall? And what do I do about all those memories of the good times?

• j153e

Leverage your isolation by reading and learning from Shaunti Feldhahn's "For Couples Only." Very helpful. Available on Amazon, used good condition. Simply wait a couply of days for package to disinfect (and CDC is even downgrading that danger).

My mother physically abused me and I hate her guts for it, so I can't imagine someone wanting to go back to someone who abused them. I get worked up when I think about how I was treated and how no one helped me, and the only way I can cope with it is to do my best not to think about it. She will not even ADMIT to it. Now, with the pandemic, is not the time to meet people, at least in person. Try finding someone on a dating site that you can begin a relationship with - and do it with a grain of salt. People on dating sites are only going to show you the best of themselves. Adopting a cat or dog might ease your loneliness. I take great joy in my pets.

You can meet some people online.

Just try it slow.

You're better off without her.

youre better off without her if shes going to be abusive