How can guys walk out of a woman's life after impregnating her?

I have a friend who had sex with a guy she was seeing at the time. They were using protection at the time but somewhere along the way he decided to take it off without her knowing about it and ejaculated in her. Fast forward to a couple weeks later she finds out that she's pregnant but she cant keep the child regardless so she decides to get an abortion. She got a job so she could pay for the abortion, but he refuses to help her out. He simply ignored her after she told him about it. I just want to know how some guys can just walk out of a woman's life knowing well that they have a child somewhere

• Edna

You need to refine your trolling skills. 

I want to know how the guy could take off a condom and your "friend" NOT know that he was doing so at the time. Was your friend blindfolded??

Not only that, but it's highly unlikely that she could find out she was pregnant just "a couple of weeks later".

How could he walk out of her life knowing that they have a child somewhere?  They DON'T have a child somewhere - she had an abortion.

In what way is he supposed to "help her out" now?  She got a job; she's already had an abortion, and she's already paid for it.

They were just looking for a place to unload, they didn't want a family.

Because those guys are immature, probably scared half to death about the pregnancy or just plainAssholes.

I think most of them are justAssholes, though.

• edward

She could in a sense charge him with sexual assault the same way someone with HIV/ AIDS can be charged for sleeping with someone else consent given or not without disclosing that kind of information. Same ballpark, no?

women make bad choices when choosing guys, ive only ever had sex with 1 guy my whole life, i dont just open my legs for casual sex, if she got pregnant for being careless it's her fault, dont just fk guys you dont wanna spend your life with

• Jill

Some guys are just bad humans. Selfish and immature.

I hope your friend will take control of her own birth control in future (pills, IUD, patch) so she doesn't have to go through this again with the next bad human she encounters.