Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Why has my period not started?

i will be 12 in 3 months and no period yet. all my friends started months ago and this fall i will be in 7th grade

ok so all saying im too young to be here well im almost 12 and its not a big deal omg

• :)

I didn’t start period until shortly after I turned 13. And that’s still considered average. 11-14 is average. Anything outside that range is early/late.

• J

You’re still young. I didn’t get my period till I was 15. Don’t worry about it, nothing is wrong. Just be glad you don’t have to deal with cramps and tampons yet. 

everyone starts puberty at different rates...

You shouldn't really be using answers at your age, because the minimum age is 13, not 11.

However, to answer your question, it's nothing that you need to worry about. Everyone develops differently at their own pace, and in girls, that includes when the menarche occurs. It's normal for the menarche to occur any time between the ages of 8 and 16. 12 is purely the average age it occurs.

Hope this helps.

I started when I was 15/16 

Everyone is different It will happen eventually, no one can really advise when you will start either. 

• audrey

You must be 13 to post on YA.

The minimum age to post questions on Yahoo! Answers is 13. There's a reason for that.

Our periods start when our bodies are mature enough to have one. You're twelve, so it could start anytime now or it could start sometime within the next few years.

I'm really not sure why you want to deal with a period anyway. It's really not exciting and it can be a real inconvenience. take it from someone who had terrible, painful periods, which flowed like a river -- enjoy your time without the bother of it.

Be happy while you don't have it because IT IS A PAIN IN THE ***!!! Like literally it hurts so bad sometimes I cry and medicine doesn't help me either. You bleed constantly and wish you never got it in the first place. So don't rush it cause its hell. And it probably didn't start because everyone gets it at different times. I got it at 11 which is actually pretty young, but people can get it as late as 16 so you have plenty of time for your period to start.