Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Do all job trainings and college classes require hs diploma?

I want to make more then 12.75 an hour

No, you do not need a high school diploma to take college classes and certainly not to get trained for a job.

Most community colleges and several private colleges will admit you without a diploma, usually through dual-enrollment agreements.

Others, like the Cal State system have the Early Entrance Program (EEP) in which gifted middle school and high school students are allowed admission based on ACT scores.  

Still other colleges have magnet high schools in which students are allowed to take college classes in lieu of similar high school classes.  I went to the California Academy of Mathematics and Science 20 years ago which was on campus at Cal State Dominguez Hills, allowing me to take all my GEs before graduation and getting into college itself.  I know Cal Poly Pomona has International High School and Los Angeles Southwest College has Middle College High School that do similar things, and many more similar programs exist throughout the United States.

No. Plenty of job training programs, community colleges,  colleges and universities accept GED certificates in place of high school diplomas. LOTS of high school students are going to vocational technical schools at the same time or right after high school. One gives academic credit for As in high school science courses. 

• MS

Admission to colleges, universities, community colleges, and many certificate programs requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.  There may be some certificate programs that do not, but I honestly cannot think of any off the top of my head.

Admissions to colleges & universities, community college programs, and other vocational training & apprenticeship programs require high school diploma. In most cases, GED is accepted in lieu of high school graduation, but not always. GED programs may be offered by community colleges. If you have not graduated from high school, you will be required to earn your GED before you can be considered for admission to any other CC program.

i think they do

For the most part yes. Or a G.E.D is good enough.

• Lili

Usually, yes.  However, there are occasional exceptions, and of course, you can always work on getting a GED.

But most job-training programs, apprenticeships, and colleges do require that you have earned a diploma or a GED.