Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

What training would get me much higher pay then minimum wage at a warehouse or food production company?

I want to work in food production company or Ware house I have worked in places like those. I want to make more then minimum wage those kinds of places

How do I level up in those fields?

Forklift certification would probably help for the warehouse. 

• n2mama

I’ve worked in food for 20 years. The highest paid group in a food manufacturing setting other than upper management are the maintenance group. The mechanics make more per hour and are in high demand, with a lot of food companies struggling to find enough qualified people for those roles. Other roles that require more in the way of qualifications or training that pay better then minimum wage include things like logistics, production scheduler, quality assurance, and supervisors. There are others, of course, depending on the type of facility. Certified forklift drivers make more than min wage, but a lot of places won’t provide that training, so if you aren’t already certified you might have trouble getting into that. 

The type of training or certifications that would help you would depend on which of these things you would be interested in. Learning SAP would help if you are interested in logistics or scheduling, HACCP certification might help you for quality assurance. And to move into supervision and management you will likely need a college degree of some type, plus some practical experience. You may be able to get into a line lead or similar role without college, but moving into management will almost certainly require it.

Any office setting skills, IT skills, logistics, and management training could open you up to new opportunities.  A strong relationship with the middle and upper managers where you work is always an excellent way to move up, so stand out from the other entry level workers and make sure they know what motivates you and back it up with actions.

• Kieth

Being a registered nurse.