Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Graduation party etiquette?

My friend invited me to a high school graduation party (I’m a graduate too) and since I’ve never been to a graduation party I’m not sure if you are supposed to give a gift to a host ? 

• Rico

No need for gift giving graduation parties celebrate the achievement of all people graduating. Just ask if they would like you to bring something (like drinks or a platter of food) 

• Dv8s

Only if it's party favors, like liquor or some smoke.

In my experience a graduation party does not celebrate the sole accomplishment of the host, but all graduates.  Thus there is no expectation of gifts other than the gift of your presence joining the celebration.

PS  BTW Congrats on graduating!

At the moment there would be no gatherings to celebrate any graduation, so if you feel a gift is necessary, consider sending via mail/courier or wait until such time that you can do so in person. Ultimately, there is no obligation to give a gift.  Do what feels right for you.

• Where are you from? From what I know, all graduations will be virtual.

i would bring one anyways

• willy1 month agoReport

Please find a hobby Pearl, you’re embarrassing yourself with the banal commentary.