ashley asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

My cat may be leaving a tinted red substance on the carpet?

My male neutered cat is about 3 years old. He’s trained to use the litter box and rarely does his business elsewhere. Recently, he’s been squatting on a shaggy rug we have and when moved aside, there’s nothing underneath. I got worried and covered it with a sheet. I just found him on the covered rug and when I moved him the white sheet had a tinted spot where he was that was a light pink or brown. There was also a tiny red dot that wasn’t a completely liquid. It cleaned easily with water and other than the squatting on the same rug and the frequent cleaning himself underneath, he seems fine. Does anyone know what this could mean, and what I should do?

Everyone is talking about the urinary system, but I think it may have been bitten by a bug。Hope you cat will be fine. 

If you need cat tree please check out cupets.

• Jasmine1 month agoReport

This sounds like urinary crystals especially because of the excessive cleaning. It would be nice to have an update from the poster to know. But urinary issues are very common in male cats and can be deadly as they can easily add up to a complete blockage. 

• Ocimom

Get him to the vet now.  He has an urinary infection and if he blocks and can't pee he will die.  Take him off all dry food and only feed canned.  And do not give him fish based foods which can cause UTI's.

He's bleeding from his urinary tract and that is a very dangerous and painful condition for cats--get him to a vet. Also stop feeding him tuna. Just the fact that he urinated somewhere other than his box alerts you to a problem--cats just don't like to change their potty spots unless they can't help it. This is a common problem in cats. They get an illness called Feline Urinary Tract Syndrome, from food that is too high in "ash" content; males are far more susceptible than females. Check your food for ash content--and feed only low-ash foods. The vet will probably give him antibiotics. If it's gone too long, it can kill so do something right away. 

Urinary tract problem. Take him to the vet, tomorrow.

• ashley2 months agoReport

Okay thank you

Any cat urinating or defecating outside the the litter box is a sign something isn't right, and the cat needs to be seen by a vet. If there's blood, then the cat needs to be seen by a vet right away.

• ashley2 months agoReport

Okay thank you

Why do you think "he seems fine" when he is PEEING BLOOD, peeing on a rug and constantly licking down there? He could have an infection or worse - crystals in his urine which will KILL him.

You're an effing IDIOT. Get this cat to a vet or give him up to a no-kill shelter.

• ashley2 months agoReport

I’m saying he isn’t doing anything else that is alarming. If I thought he was perfectly fine why would I be asking questions about it? And I wasn’t sure if it’s blood or not because his litter box doesn’t have any blood, and it was a single red dot no bigger than one you’d make with a pencil.

• patty

did he have some blood

maybe you should take her to the vet, it could be blood

• ashley2 months agoReport

Okay thank you 

your cat may have some kind of blockage so get him to a vet--because it is extremely painful and deadly.

• ashley2 months agoReport

Okay thank you

• Da

Check his bottom put and see of anything looks weird.

They eat stuff that they shouldn't like carpet materials.

• ashley2 months agoReport

Okay thank you