Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Why do religious people think that laws don't apply to them?

Now I'm not an atheist, but I am nowhere near religious enough to go to a church or synagogue in the middle of a pandemic, against stay-at-home orders, and risk getting myself or potentially hundreds of others sick. Wtf is wrong with these people?

• User

In the U.S.

many believe that they have the constitutional right to attend services

Many believe that God mandates that they attend services

and so that they SHOULD defy such laws, and any law that prevents them from obeying God's instructions.

(Note: I'm OK with the "church close" laws, given the sound reason behind it.)

Trump has declared places of worship essential now. It hasn't change anything in my town. The bells were silent again this week. Maybe us mountain hicks are smarter than you city folks.

I believe in God but I'm not going to congregate in the midst of an epidemic that's just plain dumb and I'm not going to go sit in a restaurant with elbow-to-elbow people or go to a bar with elbow-to-elbow people use a little bit of common Sense whether you be atheist or whether you believe in God

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: The Laws of God apply to all mankind whether we are saved or unsaved we all still have to obey God commandments and laws of God holy word the bible only.

Source(s): King James holy bible

lol, you call this a pandemic, that is super funny. Just because the News says it is a pandemic does not mean it actually is one.

H1N1 virus, was 400% worse than this Covid 19 Super Flu virus, and the whole world did NOT go into "Fear Mode". But blame the Media for all of that.

Covid 19, just a super Flu. lol pandemic. dumb humans.

• gillie

They've always been like that. No rule meant for ordinary people applies to them. They're too special. Stories about religious people who are outraged to find that civil leaders expect them to obey the same rules everyone else does are common.  In the current pandemic, they put their own selfish desires ahead of the health and welfare of those around them. 

“Stay at Home Orders”

The government also says two gay men can marry, that it’s ok to kill a baby through an abortion. You think the government is always right? Think again. Government  can get things wrong. I know the Catholic Church is doing it’s own scientific analysis about when it’s safe to reopen. Some bishops have reopened defying their governors orders, some Catholic Churches are still prohibiting public worship even after their economies have fully opened. The Church has outlived entire nations and governments. 

Well, Karen, they're thinking it's a hoax. Or it's 'not that bad' or why should they have to suffer the slings and arrows of actual boredom and smelling their own farts for hours on end...And thinking having to do church on-line is actual oppression. Mm. 

As my own dear friend, just this morn, attended an on-line service for her church, knowing putting her family or herself at risk for some weird 'freedom' notion is just flat out silly and wrong-headed. 

Also, you have Fox News and other such sites fomenting this one. That the Dem guv's are anti-American with their safety measures and the GOP guv's are the real heroes with their actual disdain of science, public health and welfare and reality. And then those GOP guv's have to step back, make sure there's enough hospital to go around, and...yeah. COVID-19 rates rise when people gather in stupidly large numbers. If only we knew why that was happening or something. 

Sigh. 

That below is from 1918. If you don't know why such a warning was given, go look up the so-called Spanish Flu. Note the same patterns in place that are repeating now. Suppression of info. People breaking quarantine too early. Second wave far worse...that's coming, darlings. That's...yeah. No amount of Jesus or frothy rage at the liberals is gonna stave that off with the way things are unfolding right now. 

Why are you lying?  It doesn't make you look very smart.

The First Amendment text reads: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org