Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 1 month ago

A while ago I took an IQ test and now I got my score back. I scored 90. What does this mean?

Does this mean I’m more intelligent than 90% of the population and highly intelligent?

1 day ago

It means nothing. IQ is outdated. It never really meant anything. And if you took an online IQ test, those have no validity . They're more like games or buzzfeed quizzes.

It means you beat Forest Gump.

It means you have average intelligence. This is NOT something to be stressed about. Thomas Edison and Richard Feynman both had average IQ's. Other people have no reason to make fun of or harass you, because you are just like them. So enjoy life and stay positive =D.

Source(s): Google and My Experience =D

no it means if you are 10 year old then you have the iq of a 9 year old ie below average and not highly intelligent.

It's impossible to tell you what it means because IQ scores are all based on different scales, depending on the test you took. One scale may put you at 130--one may put you at 38. Since you didn't say which test you took, no one can tell you what it means. 

Also--scores on IQ tests are not necessarily indicative of intelligence--they are USUALLY indicative of reasoning ability. Although higher-intelligence people often (note the word OFTEN--not ALWAYS) score better in reasoning ability, they don't always--so once again, an IQ score is pretty much subjective and for most people, in every day life, useless. It doesn't indicate how successful you'll be, or how rich, or how much common sense you have. 

And by the way--I AM Mensa material. But so what? All it means is I scored well on their entrance exams. Other than that, it's not worth much. 

• JB

It means you have an average intelligence.  You can safely ignore anyone who answered hatefully as they are not exactly Mensa material either. :)

The line for retardation is like 60 or 70 so youre a little smarter than a retard

It means you have slightly less than average intelligence. The average is 100.

It means you're not very bright.

• IOM

The average IQ is 100.