Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

why do step parents believe they have the right to control a kid that is not even theirs?

I don't listen to my biological parents why would I listen to step parents

in some cultures 13 is an adult

• Git

One day, when you have dependents, you would want at least some respect from them.

In some cultures, a 10 y.o. is digging through rubbish dump to help make a living for the family.

Prepare to be out the door at 18 with your attitude.

It’s called respect. 

Convince your step parents to move you to one of these cultures.  

• L

As long as you are under 18-years of age ........you MUST listen to adults.

• Alan H

Because you need to grow up and listening will help.

Your post screams out that you have a lot of growing up to do.

If you think you are mature, do not say so, show it!

• Topaz

Because....they been your age. Been where u been. Grown up seem some horrible stuff. Try to keep u from making horrible mistakes. If u took 10 years away from their age they still adults huh?

If u are 17 take 10 years away u are 7 years old. Adult? Nope.

Good to listen . They love u. Held u when u were sick throwing up. Fed you. Your clothes. Your cell phone. Games they bought. Drove you to doctor etc.

Did u do all that yourself when u were 7? Makes u think huh? Respect them show them love. Keep your room clean. Do laundry wash car make dinner take out trash. Little things mean a lot. I'm talking to u I need to go to bed I got work tomorrow. So I care.

So should you. Ok? Ok!

Oh no, another bratty kid with entitlement issues.

When you turn 18, move out and do whatever you please.

When you are a minor child, you are too young and immature to raise yourself, so parents, step parents or whomever has custody of you, IS IN CHARGE.

When you grow up and maybe have children, then you will have a light bulb moment and  you will understand...hopefully.

Maybe your biological parents were negligent in your upbringing.  They should have taught you to listen.  The step parent is like a teacher. They have a job that involves controlling you.   It is all for your good.

Feel free to live on your own then, and pay all of your bills without anyone else's money.