Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 4 months ago

What supplements should I take if I have low FSH and high LH as I have PCOS? Does Primerose work?

I have pcos, and due to the lockdown I can't go to my dr.. 

My LH is almost 5 times my FSH, will taking primerose oil supplement help balance out my hormones? other than eating right and exercise.

• LizB

You really need to be working with some kind of medical doctor on this one, either a reproductive endocrinologist, or at least a naturopath specializing in reproductive health (if you're hoping to avoid fertility treatments, or are getting treatments and want to support them). Some women with PCOS can manage their condition and even successfully become pregnant through lifestyle choices alone, but when you're taking ANY medications or supplements that affect your hormones, you need to be monitored by a professional. Taking too much of the wrong thing may make things worse, or result in undesirable side effects.