keno asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

Any good supplement for runners? I’ve been getting hamstring cramping and in the butt cheek as well?

31 male. I run about 60 miles a week but getting cramps on my hamstring and in butt cheek as well. Potassium supplement? Any suggestions? Thanks

• .

Make sure you are well hydrated (before your run, not just during). During hot weather you'll sweat more so may need to add some type of electrolyte supplement to your water (I do). I've tried both Nuun and Tailwind and like them both.

Make sure you're warming up properly before your runs, and some people also suggest that foam rolling before runs can help reduce cramps/soreness. Be sure to stretch and cool down properly after your runs as well. 

The same Potassium supplement that works for cyclists should work for runners.  BANANAS.  https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-bananas-...