Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Do vegans have to use vegan makeup?

If you go vegan, does every product you use have to be vegan, and does makeup have to be vegan as well?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you are truly embracing veganism, then yes, you will be using vegan makeup.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yepppppppoppppp

• 1 month ago

Vegans don't HAVE to do anything. There are no vegan police. 

Wear whatever makeup you want, and can tolerate. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Makeup is rarely tested on animals anymore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, you don't “have to” do anything. To be a “vegan” you need eat no animal products knowingly. 

Most vegans also avoid things like silk, leather and wool.

@Carrosh, you are wrong and I am right - borrow a dictionary!

• Carrosh1 month agoReport

Actually to be a vegan you need to not use anything that has animal products in them or been used on animals - that is pretty much the whole idea with veganism. If you're only concentrating on the food then you're a vegetarian.

• 1 month ago

To be consistent, yes, and also using only products that were developed and tested without experimentin on animals.

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes. The vegan definition says vegans must avoid all things related to animals to the best of their ability. Since there are animal free makeup, there's no reason for you to use one containing animals or that has been tested on animals.

• 1 month ago

I’m vegan and I think the concept of the whole lifestyle is to make sure every living creature is not hurt or tortured. as in non vegan products they do experiments on animals and this is what injures them, so I guess a vegan lifestyle follows all vegan products, including makeup stuff, or clothings :)

• 1 month ago

There is NO "have to". You make your OWN discretion as to what products are appropriate for you to use or consume.

• Rick
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

There isn't a legal 'vegan' diet OR lifestyle, each determines his or her own .......................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.