Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is it bad that my friend of 12 years forgot my bday?

Then a week later or so, she texted me to ask how I am doing but didn't even say late happy bday. I don't think it would be hard to forget even the birthday month??? I always remember my friends' birthdays. Even my new BF of a few months remembered mine.

I don't remember my long-term friends' birthdays a lot of the time. And if i forget, I do. People who are all ego-driven and self-important are usually the ones offended if everyone doesn't come rushing over or hurries to call about their birthday.

My friends don't always remember my birthday, either. I don't have expectations of them to remember. I'm fine doing what i want to do on my birthday without being butt hurt when everyone isn't slobbering over me about a birthday.

It's just a birthday for god sake.

Have you never forgotten someone's birthday? If not I can promise you that you will, more than once during your lifetime, even people you care deeply about.

It is NOT bad it is simply an oversight.

It is very possible that she still has not remembered.

Don't be so picky and just put it down to an oversight.

If it were me I would not even mention it and let the incident go.