Flying to another state?

If i fly to another state can i rent a car from the airport when i get there???

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Believe it or not, that is their target customer so that is why almost every airport has a rental car agency ready to serve you

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If you have a valid driver's license, you can. Many car rental agencies also have age requirements.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are 25 with a valid drivers license, and there is availability, sure

• 1 month ago

I suggest that you call a car rental company and ask THEM. Hertz, for one,has just declared bankruptcy, so who knows what they will be doing,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There are no restrictions just because you're in a different state.  If you are legally allowed to rent a car in the state you live in, then you will be legally allowed to in the other state.  

While you can walk up to a counter and try to rent a car, you likely won't get the best price, and if many other people are renting cars, there may not be one available.  For those reasons, it is wise to reserve one online prior to your trip.  You can go directly to their website or use a 3rd party travel site like Kayak.com.  

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the airport has a car rental agency in or near it - most do, but some very small airports do not.  You'll want to make a reservation in advance.  You need to make sure that you're old enough to rent a car (some require you to be 25, others will let you be younger but charge you extra) and that you have the necessary ID and form of payment (a credit card is almost always required).

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you have the proper ID, a major credit card, license and meet the age requirements, sure. In fact since there are so few being rented, you might even get the model you want.

• 1 month ago

Maybe.  You have to be 25 or older, have a valid driver's license, and a valid credit card.

• jimmy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Usually, can't speak for em all but most airports have car rental places or one nearby.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.