Where can a character be stabbed in the hip, outer thigh or stomach without serious repercussions and a somewhat quick recovery time? ?

I’m writing a story and in one scene my protagonist is mugged and stabbed with a small pocket knife whose blade is maybe two inches long. The purpose of the injury is to have another character intervene, fight off the attacker and dress the wound, resulting in a stronger bond between the two characters. The only issue is, I don’t know where on the body such a wound could be placed. I have listed three likely areas but seeing as I am not a medical professional, I do not know what the possible issues surrounding such an injury might be. In the story, the only medical attention provided is one character applying pressure to and maybe stitching the cut up. I need a somewhat mild stab wound that will heal relatively quickly, allow the character a similar level of mobility as before the injury, be able to be dealt with by a single, non medical professional and miss any vital arteries or organs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The burrock--its a huge muscle, and the knife doesnt even have to go in deep at all, so it could be anyway, Dont focus on the details of the wound, just the characters reactions

• Mike G

It's your story. If you don't know, change it.