I'm 13, should I drink this scotch?

I'm 13 years old, and just hot back from a thing (a Jewish meetup) and they gave us in a bag: ●muffin ●chocolate ●scotch. The scotch is 50ml,40% achohal/volume, single malted scotch whiskey and it has been aged 12 years. The company is glenfiddich. How much should I drink? Thanks-

Jewish Jamershmit

10 Answers

Relevance
  • JB
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

That is considered highly desirable scotch. At age 13, that small bottle would produce a fairly strong result. It is typically consumed either straight up or over ice. Should you drink it? Well depending on the laws where you are possibly not but if adults are aware and comfortable with doing so that is a different matter. You might want to just hang on to it for now. It will 'keep' very well.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

At 13 the only scotch you should have is butterscotch, as in candy, pudding, or cookies, and maybe cake or pie. Leave the drinking alone for now.

• 1 month ago

No.  You are to young to appreciate a fine liquor like the one in the bag.  Your parents or another ADULT would probably enjoy it.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They gave out scotch to kids?  ********.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go ahead and drink the whole thing.  Do you expect any of us to believe that anyone gave out gift bags with fine Scotch to minors?

Attachment image
    • Erik
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I don't get the picture.

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NO !  Do not drink it.  You will be sicker than a dog.    Save it for another 10 years or give it to your parents  !!

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Give it to your parents as a gift at Hanukkah.

• 1 month ago

Don't drink any. Give it to your parents or something. 40% alcohol is extremely high. A beer contains between 4 and 7 percent alcohol and for teens it's easy to get drunk on beer. If you've never drank before, liquor is not a good place to start. You probably won't even like it anyways.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

None...  A taste of Maneshewitz  at Pesach is fine...

• Keep it until it's been aged for 20 years. Then you can drink it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.